Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More polymer clay pieces

I am trying to be faithful and post to this blog every day, though it may be tough until I start taking some more pictures!  I am running out of them.

First picture is of a black and green cane necklace and a bracelet made with the leftover clay from making the canes for the necklace.  I used black seed beads between the cubes and the beads on the necklace.  The chain is a simple black chain that I think I got at Michaels.
The bracelet is a stretchy cord with clay beads and black seed beads between the clay beads.  I just knotted the cord together at the ends to complete the bracelet.



This next piece is a pretty little combination of black & white polymer clay beads that I made and used clear seed beads as spacers to form the necklace.  The chain is silver.  This is a really feminine piece that would go with so many different things.



Here are a few pictures of the many different necklaces I made using one batch of polymer clay beads (that I also made).  I really love these beads, I think they are my favorite so far.
This first one is made using a cool black and white chain.


 This is just a close-up of the beads that are on that necklace.


Here I used a black circle chain and more of the same batch of beads.

 A close-up of those beads.

One more necklace using those same beads.  On this one I just used a wide link silver chain.



These next couple of pictures are of a necklace I made using a polymer clay charm, two strands of leather cord and some wrapped wire.
To create the charm I conditioned the clay, cut it into a square, stamped the design on it and baked it.  When it was done baking, I used acrylic paint to bring out the detail of the design.  I painted it on and then wiped most of it away.  Lastly I gave it a coat of glaze to seal it all up.
I attached a bale to the back to hang it from the leather cord.
Once I had the lengths of the cord like I wanted it, I used 20g wire to wrap around the cord and hold it together in places.  I loved the way it turned out.
And oh yeah, I almost forgot.  There are also a few silver spacer beads on this one, in the places where I attached and wound the wire.


 A close-up of the charm.




So on this last necklace, I used a long leather necklace that one of my sons' girlfriends was done wearing, and repurposed it into the cord for this piece.
I made a clay charm just like I did the flower charm above, only this time I made the charm thicker and shaped it into a rectangle.  I then stamped a nautical design on this one.
Once baked and dried, I again used the acrylic paint technique, wiping it off after getting it in the main parts of the design, and then finished with a clear coat.
I then strung wire through the piece in two places (top and bottom), adding a couple of clear beads to each end.  I then made a circle of the wire, attaching a couple of silver star charms, and used the wire to create the bail that ties it all together.



This is a close-up of the charm.



Thanks for looking.  Hope to see you back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment