Sunday, July 8, 2012

My jewelry

It has been way too long since I posted but my camera hasn't been speaking to my PC and it took me a few hours today to get them back together.
:-)

I recently took the plunge, with the help of my sons' really terrific girlfriends, and showed some of my jewelry at the Judah Heritage Festival.

It was really hot and windy, and the sales weren't all that terrific, but it was good for me to have this as a starting point of my selling adventure(s). 
I spent most of the days making more jewelry while I was there (I packed up some of my craft room and took it with me).  Some younger girls came over and wanted to know if they could make jewelry with me, and it made me think this might be a good adventure for another time.  I have to give that some thought, how to control the number of pieces and material that they use, and how to charge them.  Let me know if any of you have some good ideas on that.

I also met a really terrific new friend with whom I hope to share some future crafting happiness.  All in all, not a bad weekend for a beginner.

Here are just a couple of the pieces I took to the show.
These are in the "camo" line, which I thought would be a great seller for this area.
This is a necklace I made with polymer clay, metal accent pieces, and leather.
After conditioning the clay, I stacked it, created square canes and cut them into these 1" pieces.
With the leftover clay, I created the round beads and used them as an alternating piece with the cane squares.
I threaded the clay beads onto stretchy cord and then tied it off at the ends.  I tied the leather cord onto the knotted stretchy cord and added a silver-finish clasp to the ends.
Lastly, I added the silver embellishments because I thought it needed something extra.

This is a little bracelet I made with the same colors of clay in the necklace above, adding in some beige for contrast.  I bound the beads together with stretchy cord and from the looks of this picture I need to get a little better at making the knot inconspicuous.  :-)

Starting tomorrow night I plan to add some more pictures of descriptions of the other pieces, spreading them out over a few days time.

I hope you are having a good time, wherever you are and whenever you are reading this!

Jonetta

No comments:

Post a Comment