Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A little metal

As promised yesterday, today I am going to post some pictures of a few of the items I've made that have metal and polymer clay pieces (as well as other embellishments).
This first piece was made with a two-sided bezel that I put a sparkly heart cutout in, one on each side of the bezel, and then finished each side off with Glossy Accents (you can tell I use this product a LOT, I love it).
 It has a leather cord and a simple silver clasp as a fastener.  I added some silver bead spacers and a couple of really neat blingy-thingys that sparkle and shine when the light hits them.

Here's a close up of the charms:




This next piece is a bracelet made by starting with heavy copper chain and adding some really cool accents.  It has some of Tim Holtz' Muse Tokens ("Unique" and "Thoughts", carefully chosen), a gear and some simple small copper-based tokens.


The finishing piece on this one is a beautiful heart closure from Blue Moon Beads.  This is one of my favorites.  Trendy, yet still wearable by an old gal like me.  :-)





Up next, a whimsical bracelet with a "sealife" theme.


It has a sea horse, a frog, a couple of fish and a turtle as charms.  I made this picture XL in hopes that you might be able to see it.
It also has three word charms.  One says "Create", one says "Imagine" and one says "Dream".
I made this one XL too, I'm on a roll. 





This next piece is a little bracelet that was actually one of my first clay pieces ever.  I worked on wrapping the wire around the cord, hoping to make it "perfect" and just never was satisfied with it.  Then my sweet friend Maegan came and picked it out of all the pieces on the table and said she loved it. 
That made me realize that "perfect" isn't always the best game in town. 
She helped wrap some more wire to finish it off and it was the second piece sold at the festival.  I guess I will plan to make some more like it.  Although no two pieces will ever be alike....






These next two pieces are really cool necklaces that I hope you like too.  They are more along the order of what I want to concentrate on and try to get better at building.  I love the length of the chains and the "conversation starter" pieces that make them unique.

The "Spread Sunshine" charm is a polymer clay piece I made, the rest of the pieces on this particular necklace are all purchased items that I bought at Michaels, JoAnn and Hobby Lobby.



So last piece for this post, the "Simplify" necklace.  I'm not sure these uploaded pictures are going to do this justice, but it is really awesome.

The big blue leaf is a handmade polymer clay piece I made.  The rest of the items are from Tim Holtz' line and Blue Moon Bead.

As always, I really appreciate your visit to this site and hope that you will leave some comments to help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment