Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Faith

Just a quick note, since it's been so long since I posted.  I made this "Faith" block for my cousin Audra, and wanted to remember it so I can do it again.  I just learned how to use wire to decorate scrapbook pages, etc and I wanted to try it on this.
I took a chipboard base (that I found at Hobby Lobby) and adhered paper to the front with Mod Podge.
Once it dried, I used a sander to even the paper up with the edges of the letters.
I then used Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Dusty Concord to darken the edges (the paper has a purple tint in it and that's what I was trying to match).
I used some of Tim Holtz' metal word tags on the front, attached with hat pins.
I also added some purple felt flowers with Rubber Cafe's Scrap Happy Sheer Glue.
Last, I coiled some purple wire around a pencil, unfurled it and threaded some beads and another metal word tag directly on the wire.  I then attached the wire to the left and right most letters, stretching it out across the entire word.
That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment